About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Sunday 19 March 2017

Another Good-Bye XXIII

I stood in the middle of the street until his car disappeared and the familiar feeling of warm tears were welcomed and deserved. Being his mom has always felt like an honour and blessing not just because he's a great kid but because he has always helped me be a good mom to him. Waving good-bye to him seems like something that has happened far too often and as that thought hit me it was followed directly by the realization that for the first time since he was a toddler he would be living with me full time. Now that he's leaving Montreal he will attend the university where I live...funny how the best gifts come from some of the deepest struggles. I'm so proud of him, it's his life and I am merely a co-pilot...I trust him and am always in awe of his confidence and strength.

Driving through the city and watching the reel of dreams and memories run through my mind is always my favourite way to say good-bye...until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment