About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Monday 27 March 2017

New Eyes...Same World IV

I hadn't been in the basement since he told me he was going to Montreal for school. I forgot that we had already framed, dry walled and painted it all as well as started the plumbing. When he decided to move away we halted all work on the basement because it was no longer necessary...the house was big enough without it. Now I was standing in the middle of his bedroom and trying to imagine where his closet would go, what type of lighting would be best for studying and where he should put his bed. I could hear her feet above me running around and I wanted her input because one day this will likely be her room.

The basement door opened and I could hear her come down the stairs slowly, "mama are you down here?" I smiled at the sound of her voice, half questioning and half sassy. "Yes bird, come down." I have called her bird since the day she was born and now she gets offended if I use her name. "What are you doing mama?" I picked her up and carried her into the bedroom, "This is going to be the bedroom, want to help me design it?" Her face lit up like I just gave her carte blanche on decorating; I could have stood there all day listening to all of her ideas...she may be little but her mind and creativity is infinite. I took a seat on the floor and let her paint me a verbal picture of her perfect bedroom...

No comments:

Post a Comment