About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Wednesday 11 July 2018

Home...The Other One XI

I met with the doctor on my last day, he doesn't have anything new to say or hope to lend...every morning he wakes it is just dumb luck. My father would be going home in two days if nothing changed, to be honest, I wasn't even sure what type of change to hope or pray for. Do I pray to the heavens that his life is extended knowing full well that he suffers with each breath or do I hope that the suffering ends knowing it means I'll never see him again.

We sat beside the window while he drank his tea and I sipped on my coffee...he knows today is the day I leave and I can feel his sadness. He didn't say much, just stared out the window while tears streamed down his face. He wants to say good bye but can't bring himself to speak, I squeezed his hand lightly and rested my head on his shoulder....

No comments:

Post a Comment