About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Wednesday 25 July 2018

Home...The Other One XIII

I barely unpacked my things after I got back home when I received another call about my father, he's back in the hospital after suffering several heart attacks...how much more can one man take?

I flopped on my bed and closed my eyes, I'm exhausted. I hadn't even been home for 2 weeks when it was time to head out again, and not even to New York...I was going back home to my father. I don't think I have ever spent this much time in a place I have come to hate. The doctors told my cousin dad won't make it much longer, excuse my eye roll but they have been saying that for the best part of the last two years. Either way, I have to go because if they are right I don't want him to die alone and if they are wrong, I at least want him to know I care enough to make the trip.

I called my friend at WestJet to use my buddy passes then made arrangement for one of my sisters. My father has three daughters, my sister Patricia and I do not have any contact with his other daughter and have only met her a handful of times over our lives. She doesn't see my dad, although she lives in the same city, I don't ask why, I don't care why, I'm just there for dad. I booked our flights to meet in Toronto...I'm tired and scared, but I'm also ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment