About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Sunday 26 August 2018

A Love, A Loss and Peace

The months rolled over and I swear the winter never wanted to end. By the middle of March I was damn near back in the Christmas spirit but also feeling the cabin fever starting to come on strong. I'd been spending a lot of time in Queens and loving every week of it. I could walk down the street and do every daily errand all in a matter of a few blocks and they were all little stores owned by the locals...no 7/11's and big box stores; they have a butcher, bakers and laundry services right at the tip of my block. Queens was definitely more in touch with reality than Manhattan...I could see her skyline from the corner of Joseph's block and loved being able to spot her from just about anywhere I stood. It didn't feel so cold here, well February it's so cold I refuse to come some years but mostly it's much more milder than home.

May and June bring back memories of summers past and make me excited for what this year brings. Joseph rented a beach house on the Jersey Shore for the month of July and invited me to come along...I'm definitely thinking about it. It's hot and humid in the city and I find it can be difficult to be comfortable but I'm not exactly a sun chaser. I love my time in NY but more importantly, I love my time in Canada...everything just feels good and I'm going to ride the wave.

No comments:

Post a Comment