About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Thursday 30 August 2018

A Love, A Loss and Peace II

Things were not going according to plan at all, my world was starting to feel like it was on marbles and slowly everything was falling off the sides just before i could get to it. Mostly everything was great and I only took my eye off of the ball for a minute but in that minute so much changed and I found myself in New York with my daughter, not willing to go home and not entirely sure where I would go.

I'll back up a bit. Dan and I learned that our neighbours were back to using drugs because of a terrible accident, not pot...heroine. I panicked, I puked and I cried and then I called them. These were the same people we were just at Disney with, these were our close friends, people we love and care about. I cried over the call, wanting things to be different but knowing that their hell is like nothing I had ever seen and feeling guilty for never wanting our children to witness it.

I clutched my daughter's hand and thought for a minute...Joseph should be at the beach house soon...maybe I can use his place for the month...

No comments:

Post a Comment