About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Thursday 18 October 2018

A Love, A Loss, and Peace VIII

It felt good to be home, we hadn't slept in our beds, played with our dogs or even enjoyed our own things for several weeks so when we walked through the door a wave of emotion hit me. I love my home, it is my favourite place most days, well it was before I left and I hope I feel like that again soon. I sit at my kitchen table surrounded by windows and open skies...it's my favourite place to write. She ran around and took inventory on all of her things then went to her room for the rest of the day, she missed her stuffed toys and bedroom more than I would have wanted.

It was only about a week after we arrived home that she started kindergarten and together I helped her make the leap to a new school, the 'big school' as she calls it. Three weeks after school started I resigned from my position of contract parole officer; I wanted my writing to improve and to write more for me and less for others. Believe it or not, after writing about 20-30 reports for the parole board a month it doesn't leave much desire to write more...I needed my creativity all of the time and writing parole reports was robbing me of that. I resigned. Effective immediately.

I started to pour more and more into my writing and into querying literary agents. I had been looking for an agent for the past couple of years to help me sell my book. Two weeks after I left my position of contract parole officer I received an email that I read over and over, "We would love to represent your book". I cried, I laughed, I exhaled and I cried some more. You know, I had over 200 rejections over the past couple of years and never once did I feel like I wasn't going to land an agent. Maybe I was too naive or just down right committed to doing this come hell or high water, I don't think it matters either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment