About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Wednesday 24 October 2018

A Love, A Loss and Peace X

Joseph had me twenty minutes early so I could grab a coffee and settle my nerves before my interview. I know they said they would love to represent my book but that book is attached to me and this is an interview. They showed up together, grabbed a drink and joined me...I was vibrating with excitement. I assumed it would take an hour, possibly two but never would have guessed five. My new editor and agent only stayed about an hour, long enough for her to tell me she loved my writing and wanted to help me flush out my manuscript for a tighter, fresher read...I like her. My other agent and president of the agency stayed long after and together we got to know one another and our respective stories. She's lovely, they both are. They are strong, powerful, intelligent women who want to give me a platform and support my writing career because they like my voice and see a need for it in the literary world...I'm humbled.

I watched her leave the tiny coffee shop in a small town in Connecticut. I exhaled and choked back my tears...over two years in the hunt for an agent and over three writing this one manuscript. A wave of exhaustion hit me hard when I walked into the fresh air, I spotted his truck across the parking lot and made my way over...the years of stress slid away I fell asleep in the passenger side and let it all go...

No comments:

Post a Comment