About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Thursday 4 October 2018

A Love, A Loss, and Peace VI

We looked around the apartment one more time, under beds and behind dressers then locked the door behind us. I was scared but couldn't show it, she was excited and unaware of the change that awaited us both. My heart was beating out of my chest by the time the cab picked us up to take us to LaGuardia. I thought a lot about how things were going to be incredibly different when we arrived home and spent many nights laying awake wondering how I was going to explain to my little girl how her two best friends no longer live beside us, couldn't say good bye and won't be back...I felt crushed for her. She starts a new school for kindergarten and I know it will only add to her growing fears as a little person in the big world...I would give anything to take her sadness.

We found a couple seats by our gate and shared a banana while she drank her orange juice and I sipped on hot, black coffee. Almost three whole months after leaving home and we are finally going back...to god knows what....

No comments:

Post a Comment