About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Sunday 3 February 2019

A Love, A Loss, And Peace XXX

I left the pictures with Erin, he promised to deliver them to Trina's husband...if she decides to throw them out then so be it. I dropped Patty back off at the airport and hit the highway to Toronto not sure if I was going to fly home or head south to Manhattan...I'll decide when I get there.

Patty, Erin and I agreed to meet later in the year to bury him with his father and until then he would stay where we last visited him. Luckily I had my grandfather's will which was witnessed by my father's older brother...he wrote a letter stating that my father could be buried with their father as he was the executor. But, that would never stop my family from following through with last wishes, were funny like that. Like I said, come hell or high water, in the daylight or night...he will rest with his father.

Hard to believe that just over three weeks ago a dear friend of mine took his own life, followed by the loss of my father. It all felt like so much and still does but I have to look to the good if I am going to come out the other side. I got to hold each of their hands and tell them I love them, I got to say good bye and that is an incredible gift that was afforded to me. I feel relief for both knowing that their suffering is done and that doesn't mean I have to take it on. I got an agent for my manuscript and haven't had much time to celebrate, but now, everything seems lighter and free. I don't feel so guilty for celebrating a win.

I turned left at the last set of lights and made my way south. I turned up the music and left it all in my rearview mirror. I wonder if Joseph wants company...

No comments:

Post a Comment