About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Tuesday 19 February 2019

Comfortably Numb II

I slept for two days; I was in and out of consciousness but I don't think I left the room. Joseph would stop in with tea and small portions of food and treats...keeping me in the back of the house where I could rest peacefully. It was 3am when I finally decided to crawl out of bed and get my thoughts back together.

I stood in the shower until it ran cold then laid in the bathtub until all of the hot air left out the shower doors. I felt relieved but still sad...I don't know what I was excepting to feel.

I heard a light knock on the bathroom door, "hey, everything alright?" It's the first time I actually made noise in the house and it just so happened to be in the middle of the night. "Yes, sorry I just wanted to clean up a bit. I'll be out in a few". I grabbed an oversized towel to wrap my hair in then threw a robe around me.

I walked out into the front of the house where I found Joseph making bacon, egg and sausage. "I put the kettle on for some tea, I imagine you're quite hungry". He wasn't smiling at me, but his look was soft like he wanted to make me feel comfortable and relaxed without bombarding me with his own affection and thoughts. "I'd love some tea. Sorry I woke you".

I moved around him at the stove and grabbed some milk out of the fridge, I still felt exhausted. "It's never a problem Natalie, let's eat". The silence was never awkward between us...like old friends we just found comfort in being around one another.


No comments:

Post a Comment