About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Wednesday 6 February 2019

Comfortably Numb I

Joseph picked me up in Terminal D at LaGuardia...the same place he has for over a year. It's nice to be back in Queens where I can slip in my other life and recharge. He always gets out to take my luggage and open the door for me, he doesn't care that traffic cops are yelling at him or about the line of cars forming behind his while the drivers lean on their horns and curse out their windows...I laugh at the spectacle he creates. He is the only person I know that can be mid conversation about something intimate then casually roll down his window to tell the guy trying to merge illegally that if he hits his truck he's going to pull him out through his windshield. I remember one trip between the airport and his home we got into three fights...not with each other but with other drivers. In the beginning it used to drive me crazy, I was embarrassed and annoyed but after a few months of the same shit happening I could see why...I think there were even a couple of times that I leaned over and honked the horn before he had a chance. He says it's the Irish in us...it makes me miss my father and his lunatic ways.

Joseph has become a dear friend to me, I trust him completely...maybe it is our Irish but I find comfort that he can understand where I come from and hold no judgement towards me. I don't know how long I will be graced with his friendship but I'm grateful that he has become a large part of my journey. I wonder if he understands the depths of what I have done to create my life...I wonder if he knows he is cemented into my story.

I watched a cabbie cut across three lanes and try to get in front of us, I roll my eyes and laugh watching Joseph lean out the window while shaking his fist at the cabbie trying to cut us off.

Welcome to New York, now get the fuck outta my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment