About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Monday 24 June 2019

Comfortably Numb XI

I spent the next several weeks writing everything I could think of, spewing it all out onto paper and then having the nerve to type it out. There's a feeling of power and relief when you can pour out your demons and negative thoughts, it gives the illusion of control.

I love the spot where I write even though it looks over at the neighbours. I never saw my neighbours again, they sold their house and now I look at new faces...but I don't care to know them yet. One day, in passing with a mutual friend of theirs I learned that my old neighbour passed away only a few weeks prior...I didn't ask how or what happened, I just put my head down and walked away. He and I were very close, we spent most of our days together renovating our homes, grocery shopping and just hanging out and enjoying our friendship. I instantly missed him and felt sick that his demons may have gotten to him again and this time was too strong. I haven't forgotten about my own but these days I am able to keep them under lock and key...although I have been known to visit them from time to time.

Another day, another death...and we all keep going...




No comments:

Post a Comment