About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Friday 5 July 2019

Comfortably NumbXII

We were well into spring before I recieved confirmation from an uncle that he would allow my father to be buried with their father. This is how it works, whoever signed my grandfather's will has final say in the last resting spot. I never thought he would give me a hard time but I don't ever remember meeting this man so it felt odd asking for a favor. I asked my cousin what our back up plan would be if he refused and I got the same answer as I always do...by day or night, he will rest with his parents. I gave an eyeroll but I know he's not joking, the final resting place is everything to this side of my family. The only request my uncle asked of me was to send him the initial will...I found it when I cleaned out my father's apartment, he was only 12 years old when it was written...on a blank white piece of paper that has become so fragile that unfolding it is causing it to break. I could understand him wanting that paper, it had his and his father's signatures on it, I would bet good money he remembers the exact day he signed it.

I grabbed an envelope and prepared it to be sent, I have walked down memory lane every single day since my father passed and I was happy to allow the same of an uncle I had never met.


No comments:

Post a Comment