About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Saturday 20 July 2019

Comfortably Numb XIV

I buried my father with his parents in September and took a small part of him home with me. My father always wanted to go to Ireland but never made the move to get there, forever lost in the stories of others and dreaming of a place he called home. I decided I would take a little part of him back in the following year...it's the least I could do.

Time seemed to fly after I finally let him go and the fall turned to winter and I was dealt another hard blow...my editor left the agency and I was pushed out and without an agent after a year. I was sick thinking about the year they held my manuscript, the changes they made, the lies they told and the way they handled the entire situation. I had to laugh a little though, all three in the agency had husbands who left them for other women because they couldn't conform to the traditions of marriage...the irony was not lost on me. I wasn't prepared to lie to tell my story, I wasn't prepared to stretch my truth into a fairytale and because of that I was back to square one...or what felt like the beginning...only worse.


No comments:

Post a Comment