About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Saturday 16 September 2017

My Father VI

I was overcome with sadness and anger when we finally found his apartment building. The last time I saw him he was in the hospital and couldn't recognize me. He could by the time I left but initially he thought I was the nurse. He's struggled with his heart for years and recently has had two major strokes, he looks so incredible fragile. I can barely stand the look of this man anymore, he used to represent so much strength, stubbornness and safety for me...and now he struggles to walk without assistance. His stubbornness is still in tact though and it showed perfectly when I walked through the door and into a thick cloud of smoke.

He cried when he saw me, he always does. He no longer has control over his emotions and now he can't hide them, the last stroke he had took his poker face away and cursed him with always wearing his emotions up front. I hugged him and kissed the top of his head, he used to do that to me when I was just his little girl. I can remember many times that I believed my father was the greatest man on earth and now I just try to give him that one more time before his final exit. I cracked open all of his windows and went to get my daughter...she will never know him like I did but she will have all of the stories the way I remember them.

No comments:

Post a Comment