About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Tuesday 20 March 2018

New Friends XXXIII

It was cold, I don't remember feeling this cold last year but I know I had my running shirt tied around my waist...I didn't this year. My new friend, Lindsay, untied the one around her waist and handed it to me so I could cover my arms but had to be sure not to pull it down to cover my number or I'd be disqualified. By the time we entered Central Park there was no longer talk of not finishing, this would be a done deal if we had to carry each other. I watched her hug her parents and could see the tears in her eyes...they will find out in a few short weeks not only how incredibly strong their daughter is but that they will be grandparents...I feel proud for them, and her. As we left Central Park and hit the street coming down Central Park South we made a pact to cross the finish line running side by side. I started to feel my own emotions rise remembering back to last year when I came around the corner in the final stretch and saw my son cheering me on and witnessing me cross that finish line. I looked at Lindsay and thought about the story she already has to tell her little one...it's sweet and beautiful. We passed Columbus Circle and entered the park for the last time...I could see the Canadian flag among the rest and swallowed the lump in my throat...400 metres to go, we smiled at each other and smiled for the cameras...

No comments:

Post a Comment