About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Thursday 29 March 2018

New Friends XXXVI

I barely slept, last year I slept ten hours straight but now I was cramping up and writhing in pain trying to move my legs fast enough in bed to soothe them. I cringed walking to the bathroom with every muscle in my legs aching and screaming. I wanted to shower again and couldn't recall if I had to use hot or cold to lift the kinks so I went to find Joseph since he was an elite athlete back in Ireland and knows this stuff. The thought of getting into an ice bath wasn't exactly appealing but I needed anything to stop the cramping.

He grabbed a bag of ice that was about a third of my body size and dumped it into the bathtub then filled it with cold water; he had the ice ready to go for last night but I outright refused. I left on my underwear and sport bra so he could lower me in...if left alone I would never have the courage to just sit in ice water, I needed the push...literally.

It must have looked like he was trying to baptize a cat because I was holding onto shower doors and trying to not touch the water while clinging onto him until my fingers hurt. I lasted 90 seconds before I started crying and trying to jump right back out. He leaned back in through the doors and pulled me out after trying to talk me into letting it numb my skin and muscles but I couldn't, I could barely take a breath from the shock.

After I warmed up and had something we eat we each packed a bag...Atlantic City awaits...

No comments:

Post a Comment