About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Friday 2 March 2018

New Friends XXVI

I woke with a heavy chest and swollen throat. I stood in the shower hoping the steam would help me be able to breathe with a little relief. The race was in just in a few days and my flight was only three hours away. I wanted to crawl back into bed and forget NY and the race, it was definitely a DayQuil day.

Coffee, vitamin C chewables, and DayQuil was about all I could stand to ingest throughout the day. Food was unappealing and difficult to swallow. I let Joseph know I was through security and on my way and informed him of my cold. He has a daughter who was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis as a baby and I don't want to infect his place and potentially make her sick...especially since mine is sitting right in my chest. I could always stay with Christine or Clarence but I did prefer Joseph's. I rested my head on the back of my seat and closed my eyes...42 kilometres is going to feel like a hundred.

No comments:

Post a Comment