About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Monday 26 February 2018

New Friends XXV

I threw two pairs of sneakers into a bag and placed them in my luggage. I'm well overpacked but I have no idea what the weather will be like, how I will feel on the day of the race and I don't know what Joseph has planned for the rest of the time I will be there. I grabbed an extra purse and clutch, black heels and two pairs of skinny jeans...the rest was all running gear. I pulled my suitcase down the stairs and left it at the front door, Karen is picking me up at 4am to take me to the airport.

I made my way back up the stairs and climbed into bed beside my daughter. She's already made me promise to give her the medal when I cross the finish line so we each have one. I slid my hand into hers and kissed her plump little cheeks while I was breathing her in...I already miss her. It's funny, I always wanted a little corner of my life just for me but I'll tell ya...I don't think it's possible because I don't think I want a life where my children can't roam. I moved the hair from off of her face and closed my eyes hoping to sleep for a few hours...

No comments:

Post a Comment