About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Friday 9 February 2018

New friends XVIII

I was still exhausted by the time we sat for dinner around 730pm. I went for a run around the neighbourhood and grabbed a late coffee in the hopes that it would perk me up, sometimes I forget the marathon is only a few weeks away. We went to a place called the Old Homestead, it was definitely an older and more refined crowd but I welcomed the quietness and red wine. Joseph may be blue collar but he knows food and wine better than most I have witnessed. He ordered the porterhouse for 2 along with some side dishes then requested a bottle of Pinot Noir to share over conversation. He looked nice in his button down shirt, blue jeans and dimples for days, he still has his boyish good looks but you can see the ruggedness just below the surface. He's a ginger but lost his hair decades ago, it almost makes me sad because I love a redhead but there are still signs of it and it's a nice reminder. We clinked glasses and exchanged stories throughout the night while we people watched out the window of the west side of Manhattan...this is the NY I have been thinking about...

No comments:

Post a Comment