About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Saturday 17 February 2018

New friends XXI

We spent each afternoon walking Leena up and down the Brooklyn waterfront while he told me about the different buildings throughout the city that he has worked in and built...he's quite interesting. The night before I was due to fly home he took me to his favourite watering hole, it's not glamorous or flashy, it barely had paint on the walls. He had been coming here since he was 24 years old, it was the first place he had a drink when he finally moved back to America. The bar was damn near empty and quite dark. There's a couple dart boards in the back along with a pool table, you can gamble in your seat while you watch a game similar to keno and the jukebox is always playing. It's all Irish, and I wasn't surprised because I don't know that I have ever had any bartender in NY pour me a beer without an Irish accent and Maspeth was no exception. Every single patron was from Ireland except for me, not that there were many other people in there but Joseph mentioned it's an Irish bar in the sense that only Irish go there and noted that most places around that area are like that. We each picked 3 numbers and tried our luck, we picked some music on the jukebox then played darts while we watched and cheered for our numbers to come out.

We walked back to his place just after 4am and I was barely able to keep my eyes open. I flopped on my bed while he set alarms and checked flights...I'm a little sad I have to go home tomorrow but I am also excited that I get to come back...to someone...



No comments:

Post a Comment