About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Saturday 24 February 2018

New Friends XXIV

I was doing ten to fifteen miles a day and never made it to twenty before I had to stop training. I never train the week leading up to the marathon so I have fresh lags, or at least the hope that if I stop then I will be blessed with running legs on the big day. Some days I could run forever and other days I struggle to make it a mile.

I had been talking to Joseph and making plans for the week, why wouldn't I spend another week with him? In fact why wouldn't I spend any week I'm there with him? He likes my company, takes me around the city, we experience new things together, see the sites, eat at the best restaurants and go to the theatre...after the last few years I have had with dating in NYC...he may never escape me. I finally found someone who is serious about what I am looking for and that's just the icing on top; he is also kind, generous, genuine, funny and handsome.

I watched my phone light up as I laced up for an evening run, it was a snapshot sent from Joseph, but the picture was of Atlantic City, actually the picture was of the hotel I first met Mike in...Mike from Long Island. "I booked two rooms for after the race" was all the message stated. I wonder if I'll tell him the story of Mike and our meeting in Atlantic City...all of a sudden the world felt small...

No comments:

Post a Comment