About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Monday 2 April 2018

New Friends XXXVII

The ride down to Atlantic City seemed easier than when Karen and I did it. My legs were throbbing and aching, my feet still felt hot like they were burning and the rest of my body was limp and tired. We pulled up to the Tropicana and left the truck and luggage with the valet while Joseph checked in. I thought about Mike, but only for a split second, I hope he's doing good. Last I talked to him his life was in turmoil and his addiction was in full swing, it was exactly how he liked it. Joseph put his arm around me and pulled me out of my thoughts.

We made our way up to the rooms and made reservations at Carmine's along the way. I felt relieved that the race was behind me and I could just relax and have fun...I wish my body could remember how to relax. The rooms were connected and each had a king bed, they were identical but that didn't stop us from having an intense game of Rock Paper Scissors for who had first choice. We laugh at our competitiveness because it's playful and fun, there's nothing behind it that's negative...just good ole bragging rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment