About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Thursday 12 April 2018

Another Christmas

I loved this time of year, all the festivities leading up to Christmas and the New Year. It made me feel happy and renewed, it always had that impact on me right up until the second week of January where it always comes crashing down. The beginning of winter is beautiful and exciting with all of the holidays and gatherings but then when it's all over we are left with deep freeze temperatures, short days with extra long nights and the thoughts wondering if the cold and snow will ever leave. It's always like this in the winter where I live but for some reason after the tree comes down and the lights and other decorations get put away for the season the magic feels lost again and the routine returns.

I spent the next few weeks shopping and lunching with my daughter in the afternoons after she was out of school. We loved hanging out all day and wondering through shops, trying new foods and looking at all of the new cool toys that came out...not many were new so much as re-invented. I love watching her face light up when she sees the decorations or sings along to a Christmas song she's finally perfected. The holidays were in full swing and I was glowing...

No comments:

Post a Comment