About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Sunday 29 April 2018

Another Christmas VI

My son was almost done packing his things and I almost forgot how awful it was to not have him over the holidays. Things changed, now that he lives with me he spends the holidays with his father...it's fair, but that doesn't mean I necessarily like it. He's coming back shortly after Boxing Day and joining us for New Years in Los Angles. We made plans to head out with the neighbours for four days over the holidays, our family's have become so close it just makes sense. I love Christmas but it can be quite stressful as well and at times has left me feeling slightly depressed; especially after all of the lights are back in there boxes and the trees are ready for pick up...then it becomes dreary with long nights, short days and feeling the effects of cabin fever from an already long and cold winter.

I never cried on the way to the airport, I always waited until I was alone on the way home. I had a lot of practice too since up until university he didn't live with me and good byes were frequent. I decided that this time I would take my daughter and treat her to some Christmas shopping, lunch and a manicure...sometimes she is the perfect distraction.

He turned and waved to us before he went through security, I could feel my eyes fill with tears as I squeezed her close to me...it's only ten days...

No comments:

Post a Comment