About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Saturday 21 April 2018

Another Christmas III

I treat his father like I do any other guest except it's mainly small talk. I don't really care, he's here to see Dan and our daughter so I do my best to keep a little distance and give him time with my family. He really is a nice man and other than hardly ever putting in any effort I have nothing to complain about. I made sure his room was made up and comfortable for his short stay. I invited him to my daughter's Christmas concert and packaged up a few pictures for him to take home...always remembering I do this for her.

I picked up my daughter from her last day of school before the holidays. I was taking her to lunch and then shopping for a Christmas dress. I thought of telling her that her grandfather would be visiting for the night but I'm not 100% sure she knows who I am talking about anymore so I let it go and moved on to asking about her morning. I think he needs to see first hand what has happened to their relationship. She never asks about them anymore so at the very least I can stop trying to excuse their behaviour.

One week a month I am in NYC, one week that they can come and see her and not have to even look at me...one whole week...where in the fuck have they been?

No comments:

Post a Comment