About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Tuesday 17 April 2018

Another Christmas II

Dan called early afternoon to notify me that his father would be joining us for the night, he hasn't been to my house since June and before that I can't even remember. I never mind that they come, however I do mind that they come so infrequently. I don't understand how they can live so close and have seen my daughter a handful of times, which is because I would bring her to them. It's irritating and making me angrier with each passing month. I wouldn't stop them from seeing her but at some point they have to be okay with her not caring about them. It's become this crazy relationship where I don't want to see my in-laws or have anything to do with them...but I want them in my daughters life...so I am left fighting these people to have anything to do with their granddaughter and son. I'm angry...again.

"No problem, I'll make up the guest room for the night and you can invite him to her Christmas concert tomorrow". I always try to play nice when they actually make the effort to see their family...because ultimately this is their issue and not mine. I love my daughter and husband more than anything and for that I can tolerate anyone...I wish they felt the same. And I'm starting to wonder what stops them from coming...it cannot be me anymore because I live one week a month in NYC...and they still don't bother to see their son and granddaughter...it's them...it's all them...

No comments:

Post a Comment