About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Monday 23 April 2018

Another Christmas IV

She was not in the Christmas spirit by the time we arrived at her concert. She looked tired, didn't want to wear her dress and was pissed off I put a bow in her hair...she had to have something festive. I left Dan with his father and wandered around to talk with the teachers and other parents, allowing for them to catch up and hang with my daughter before her grandfather leaves...only God knows for how long this time.

She refused to meet Santa and wanted to go home after her songs were sung...with an eye roll no less.  She's bored with this preschool so the second time around was even less fun. Dan jumped in his car and headed back to work while I drove the rest of us back to my house. I remember my father-in-law telling me after Dan hugged him and closed his door that he is the only son who hugs him...huh. He really is a good man and when I lived with them for a semester, when Dan was out of town, he became like a father to me too. He's intelligent and funny, mainly relaxed and always eager to help out with projects. Regardless, I need to be done with this, my door is open and they can always choose to walk through it but they freely choose not too...even when I am not in the country.

I am literally fighting my in laws so that they spend more time with my husband, their son, and my daughter, their granddaughter...I do it because I love my family more than I dislike them...and I have to wonder what I ever did to make them hate me more than love their own...

No comments:

Post a Comment