About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Thursday 14 June 2018

Home...The Other One III

He woke me when we pulled into the driveway, "I'll get your luggage and meet you at the top of the stairs," he whispered. I slowly fell out of the truck and tried my best to stretch out and wake up a little. I pulled myself up the stairs and walked by him to flop down on the lazy boy, I can barely keep my eyes open. I closed them and drifted off to sleep for a few more hours.

When I woke I couldn't see Joseph in my line my vision. "Hey! You around?" I shouted, I wanted a glass of water but my legs fell asleep and now the tingling feeling was beginning to hurt, or irritate...either way I couldn't stand up without wanting to bang my legs against the wall. "Yeah, I'm back here packing a bag, what do you need?" Packing a bag? I leaned over the edge of the couch and seen him coming down the hallway towards me with a duffle bag in his hand. "Where are you going?" I had no idea he had other plans. He dropped his bag at the door then grabbed me a bottle of water. "I'll take you up to see your father and I can fish at a lake for a few days." Ugh, I almost forgot I was heading home to see dad. Sometimes the places I grew up make their way into my dreams and I miss the little park at the end of my block where I learned to swing all by myself, or the corner store that dad used to take us to for movie rentals on a Friday evening, or our favourite pizza place that we ordered from at least once a week...but being there was completely different, it never felt as good as in the dream. "Don't be silly, I'll fly there and save you the drive. Besides it's not fun, it's more of a sad place now." For me it was anyway. "I'm going to go fishing and can keep you company. It's not a big deal and maybe I'll finally get to see a moose." He wasn't a fan of just 'googling' it like I recommended. "It's a shithole." He looked over and shrugged his shoulders, "either way you have to go so let's do this and we can stay in Niagara afterwards. I've never been there." He continued to pack a cooler full of drinks and snacks all while whistling away like we're going on some fantastic road trip...man, is he going to be disappointed. I stood up from the couch and stretched until it ached, "fuck it, let's go." I've never been a fan of going home and even less so when I have to do it alone, if' he's willing to come along for the ride then I'm going to do my best to make it fun...or at least tolerable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment