About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Saturday 23 June 2018

Home...The Other One VI

After four straight hours of watching nurses poke him and doctors come and go with little to no hope to offer, I waited for him to fall asleep and then went to find air. Erin left about an hour after I arrived, his other daughter never bothers to even call to see if he is dead or alive and I can't sit here another minute...I need a time out.

I walked out into parking lot and looked around; I can spot the beach I learned to swim, the one my parents would take us to on a daily basis in the summer. I can see the extra large science centre I loved going to on school field trips; my father hauled every single one of those boulders to keep it above the water line and he is damn proud what he brought to that. No matter how far back I walked into my childhood, it just doesn't feel like home anymore...I'm visiting ghosts. I walked to the far end of the parking lot where the tree line starts; I have no idea where I am going to go from here and I have no idea how to even get there. His slow death is starting to make me feel lonely...I can't imagine what it's like for him. I wiped my tears, took a deep breath and walked back to the hospital; I don't know what's worse, having one of the only seats to watch my father suffer or having to do it in my own personal nightmare by having to be home...

No comments:

Post a Comment