About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Thursday 28 June 2018

Home...The Other One VIII

It was after nine when I finally said good night to my father and his nurses. I walked down the long hall back to the elevator in a haze, thinking I'd come back in the morning to speak to the doctor and find out what I'm looking at. I was exhausted, hungry and emotionally bankrupt functioning on autopilot and sick I'd have to leave the veil of the hospital to step back out into my nightmare...I hate this town. When the doors opened I walked out into the cafeteria that was just closing and thought about grabbing a coffee but passed it up and walked towards the exit. I heard someone calling my name but didn't turn around, its probably a different Natalie. I made my way out into the parking lot without any direction of what to do next, I didn't even have my suitcase.
"Natalie?" I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned around.
"Joseph, you're still here?"I was confused.
"I stayed incase you needed a ride or a friend."
"Oh, thanks but I'm not sure where I'm going just yet. How was fishing?"
"I didn't go, maybe tomorrow. Want to get a bite to eat?"
"How about a drink?" I didn't have much of an appetite.
"How about both?"
"Okay."

After our drinks arrived and we ordered food we sat in complete silence, not awkward or tense...just comfortable silence. I reached over and placed my left hand on his arm and gave it a light squeeze, it was nice to have the company...I'm glad he came along.

No comments:

Post a Comment