About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Monday 25 June 2018

Home...The Other One VII

I watched him sleep for a few more hours, tidying his things, making sure he had something to drink and eat when he woke and hoping anything in his condition changed...if only to bring him home to die. Its dark outside and lonely inside; a nurse comes in every now and then and maybe a janitor. I remember after giving birth to my son when I was just 19 years old and it was the end of November, it got dark before 5pm and the postpartum would come on strong. I hated the nights and the loneliness it brought with it. I had never even been overnight after my own birth and I remember clearly how absolutely alone I felt while I cared for my son. Now, I look out the window and feel the same feelings but it's different, I'm older and can come and go as I please...but he cannot. We share this now, this realization of sadness and loneliness, it keeps me by his side.

There is a beginning and there is an end...and in between we discover who we are and hope to leave a legacy...I am his...

No comments:

Post a Comment