About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Friday 18 March 2016

A Writer in the Village VII

I made my way through the West Village, getting lost and working my way back slowly while window shopping.  New York is incredible in so many wonderful ways with an impressive urban park in the middle of Manhattan, the Village which extends east and west that gives you the feeling of not actually being in one of the largest cities on the planet.  Then you have Broadway, Wall Street, one of the largest Chinatown's I have ever seen, beautiful squares, museums, shopping, celebrities and is packed full of culture...and then you have four other burroughs.  One could literally stand in the centre of all of the madness and almost feel small and insignificant.  I remember wanting to go to the city to get lost in all of it but I soon found out that it doesn't take long to get swallowed up in it all and start to feel lost.

I found my way back to Hudson then walked until I could connect with 8th and started to find my way back to midtown.  I stopped to shop a little along the way and collect some things for my son and daughter for when I get to Montreal tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment