About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Tuesday 22 March 2016

A Writer in the Village VIIII

I kissed Cleo good bye and left her with a toy and extra snacks.  I locked the door and walked down the street with my luggage to catch the bus and then the Path to 14th street.  It was $4.50 this way and a cab or Uber was well over $30 with tolls and tunnels.  I found a place when I came out of the stairwell to store my luggage for a couple of hours while I went to meet with my coach.  I didn't mind pulling my luggage around but the heat made it feel worse than it actually was and I didn't want to be soaked in sweat for the day.

I walked east and grabbed an ice coffee and yogurt for breakfast while I stole Wifi from the Starbucks.  This was my usual breakfast in the city and I almost didn't mind paying the ten dollars for it...almost.  I buzzed her number and slowly made my way up the four flights of stairs to her apartment.  The door was open so I sat on the couch and took out my notes, a pen and the rough draft of my synopsis.  It wasn't perfect and to be fair I had no idea if it was even good, I just wrote and wrote and then kept every draft until I had a few paragraphs of what I felt the most important parts were.  I don't throw away anything I cut, I fear those will be needed at some point and until my writings are complete...not just with this book but with all of them...I will not throw away a word I have written.

She came into the living room from her office and sat down opposite me, picked up my synopsis, read it quickly and laid it back down.  I could see her wheels turning and it drove me to the edge with anticipation waiting for her to say anything.  She ran her hand through her hair..."let's pick chapter topics and start the proposal".  I slid further back into the couch and let out my breath...my soul was on fire with excitement....

No comments:

Post a Comment