About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Wednesday 2 March 2016

The Space Between XV

With an extended lay over in Toronto I didn't land until two hours later than scheduled so I found a taxi and made my way into the West Village.  I was having dinner with a friend and it seemed easy enough to leave my bag at their home while we grabbed a bite, caught up and wondered around...plus it was just around the corner form the Path station.  Clarence was picking me up in Hoboken around eleven so I had a few hours to unwind and breathe NY back into my life.  We found a beautiful gluten free restaurant and sat out on the sidewalk...the village is a favourite place for me, along with many others.  You can watch the world walk by while you sip sangria and eat tapas while enjoying the lights hum around you from the city.

I decided my second sangria would be my last since I had enough trouble rolling my oversized luggage while sober so tipsy would be a little much.  We paid the bill and walked the long way back to the apartment so we could enjoy the shops and nightlife for just a little bit longer.

Will had become a good friend to me over my visits and I enjoy our dinners and walks.  He grabbed my suitcase and walked me to the Path station...I felt a tinge of guilt when he had to walk it down two flights of stairs because I am pretty sure I would have let it slide the whole way.  He hugged me and I thanked him for dinner then walked through the turnstile...it feels good to be back in NY...too bad I'm going to Jersey...

No comments:

Post a Comment