About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Monday 29 February 2016

The Space Between XIV

I weighed my luggage at check in and the woman looked baffled that I was bringing fifty pounds of luggage to NY, I just gave a shy smile and went on my way.  Security was awful at this time of the day as everyone is heading out to their all inclusive vacations in Mexico and I find it more irritating than usual for some reason.  Perhaps it's nerves although the eight year old kicking my bag is starting to really lean heavily on my patience.  By the time I found my gate I was hovering at a level seven for irritation so I grabbed a coffee and found a corner to hide in for the next half hour.

I was house and dog sitting for a friend I had met there last time I was in town.  Clarence lives in Jersey just across the Lincoln Tunnel and when he said he was heading to Arizona I offered to stay with Cleo so he wouldn't need to put her in a kennel for a week.  It worked out nicely for both of us except it is nothing short of a nightmare to get from LaGuardia in Queens, across Manhattan and then cross over into Jersey with my fifty pound suitcase.  It's a good game of trains, planes and automobiles and in NY no one looks twice as you carry all your possessions from bus to bus to bus...or in my case from bus to cab to Path train.

I was standing in line waiting to board and I couldn't help but notice the large amount of children standing in front of me arguing, pushing and crying...only three and a half short hours to Toronto and I already know it's too early for alcohol...I wonder if that means coffee with baileys too...

No comments:

Post a Comment