About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Wednesday 3 February 2016

Graduation XIII

The dinner and speeches wrapped up early and I was a little relieved for the day to end.  I looked across the table at his father and smiled, there is nothing left to say...and so we smile politely and find others to talk to.  My mother left a few minutes ago to put my daughter to bed and I feel like I just crashed a party I wasn't supposed to be at.  I hugged my son and his date and made plans to take them to breakfast.  I wondered over to where my ex-husbands wife was standing and hugged her...tightly.  I thanked her for everything she had done and continues to do for my son.  She is a good woman and has been an amazing co-mom to him...I met her once over ten years ago and then again at his grade eight graduation.  I didn't need to have constant contact or be her friend to know and understand how much my son loved and cared for her.  She is the suburban mother...I guess that makes me the bourbon mother...

No comments:

Post a Comment