About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Tuesday 2 February 2016

Graduation XII

We made it back to the church on time to claim our earlier seats and watch the march.  I brought my daughter because she won't have to sit the entire time and it's more of a fashion show than anything.  I wasn't expecting her to take off running when she spotted her brother but he wasn't bothered and picked her up for the walk.  When he came around the corner carrying his sister and walking with his date it made my heart melt until someone mentioned they looked like a teen wedding...sweet jesus that's exactly what it looked like.  I snapped a few more pictures and made my way outside with the rest of the families.  It's always a little bit uncomfortable at his events because my ex-husband and his wife bring along her family to support him and I almost always show up alone, although my mother rarely misses anything.  It's never tense or anything negative, just hurts my heart a little that I didn't give him the big family but I can barely get my extended family to my house let alone a graduation for a child they have never showed interest in.  I walked over and said hello to everyone then offered to take pictures so everyone could be in them...I hate feeling like I'm on the outside looking in.  We will all share a table at the dinner this evening so I figured it was best to break the ice now; the last time I seen them was at his grade eight graduation...they even made it to that one.

I hugged my son and kissed his face, I never fail to tell him how proud I am of him and how much I love him.  At the end of it all, we all come together to support him and it's not about me...not even a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment