About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Sunday 31 January 2016

Graduation XI

After I picked up my daughter we headed out for lunch as a way to kill some time before the grand march where the kids get to display their suits and dresses...I have no idea why we couldn't just do that at the ceremony.  We chose a booth as a way to contain my daughter and I unpacked some of her colouring favourites so she doesn't feel like I'm confining her.  The beauty of being two years old is that you're allowed to live in your own world without guilt or shame; I can hear her singing to herself and I try not to draw attention incase she stops.  I ordered our food and quickly turned my focus back to my mother who was clearly happy, proud and sad all at the same time.  She was there every single day that he was growing up and she has a bond with my son that I imagine is just as close as my bond with her or even with him.  I held her hand and thanked her for everything she had done for him and for me, without her, school would have been a lost hope and my future would have scary and bleak.  She doesn't like compliments, you can almost see her turn into herself as if embarrassed and I wonder if she has ever felt as amazing as I know she is.

Her grilled cheese and apples arrived just as she was starting to look across the restaurant and I know she will soon want to move around.  I handed her the ketchup because I know she likes to squeeze it and portion it out for herself; she believes it's a big girls responsibility and it's really just another way I have found to help her create some independence.

No comments:

Post a Comment