About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Friday 29 January 2016

Graduation X

I dropped my daughter off with a close friend of my sons and made my way to the church for the ceremony.  I found my mother on one side and when I slid in beside her I could spot my ex-husband on the other side.  It occurred to me that we were married in the exact church almost eighteen years ago; I smiled and waved wondering if he thought of that too.

Slowly I watched so many of the kids he grew up with and went to school with since kindergarten walk down the isle and accept their diplomas and scholarships.  As they make their way down the alphabet I turn to see him standing at the back in his cap and gown and I could not be any prouder of this kid...it's just not possible.  I looked over and caught a glimpse of his father who was smiling at me and I know at that moment we feel the exact same and I am so happy we share that.  I watched him walk down the isle while they read his scholarships and mentioned his honour role and I don't even have to look to know my mother is crying just as much as I am.  And just like that high school is a memory, we come back this afternoon for the grand march then the banquet and he leaves for senior trip the day after tomorrow...it all feels a bit overwhelming...even with over seventeen years of preparation.  He has the whole world at his feet and I plan on doing everything I can to help him take advantage of his life and options.

Caps in the air and snap a picture, only three hours till we return.

No comments:

Post a Comment