About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Thursday 21 January 2016

Graduation V

We came home empty handed which is a rare feat for us.  I was standing in my bedroom staring at my treadmill wearing my iPod and running gear...wondering what ever possessed me to register for the NYC marathon.  A few months ago I signed up to run with a charity and then said it out loud on social media...this was just a way to ensure I follow through with this crazy idea.  I've always wanted to run a marathon and I have heard people say that one is typically the limit so I decided to run the one I wanted and it made sense since I am there anyway.  Everyday I look at this machine and wonder how it will go and if I can actually do it and everyday I step on it and just run until I have to walk and then walk until I ache and then lay on my floor until I catch my breath and can stand on my own in the shower.  I've become intentional in my words and actions lately because I want to do the things I have always dreamed about and talked about but never actually took a solid step towards...this year all of this changed and the result is a stronger more confident me.  I put in my earbuds and cranked my music and the speed...ten miles today...

No comments:

Post a Comment