About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Tuesday 5 January 2016

The Writer XXVII

He arrived shortly after I found a place at the bar and we ordered a couple drinks and settled in to dry out from the rain.  His name is Chad and he is in the USA for a year and a half working in three different regions for his job.  He is about my age without any strings to anywhere long term and loves to travel the planet.  He has climbed to the base camp at Everest, hiked through Indonesia, made his way through Asia and conquered Europe...I was still thinking about Everest and the two week climb just to get to base camp.  He is brilliant, hilarious, well travelled and educated plus the accent is not hurting his case in the least.  His dry sense of humour and mannerisms make me laugh until I cry and I don't want the night to end.  We ordered food and I told him all about my life and how this all came to be and he never even blinked...I like the non judgmental reception to my story and so I continue.

There is no last call here, at least I have never witnessed it in all of my years coming here...4am and it's just about time to head to the airport...

No comments:

Post a Comment