About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Sunday 24 January 2016

Graduation VII

Dan stood with us in the drive way while we packed the car and she chased birds on the front lawn.  There's a familiarity but it doesn't bother me anymore.  I wish he was coming but the graduation is on a weekday and he wouldn't be able to leave work, sometimes it helps just knowing he would want to be there and would have done so if the event was on a weekend.  He picked her up and buckled her in the car seat while I scoured both vehicles looking for my sunglasses.  With him graduating and moving across the country this could very well be the last time I make the drive and it's a little relieving but also scary.  This highway has represented so much to me over the past several years and although I may have to make the trip here and there it will no longer be to connect with my son or to enjoy a single girls weekend with Leann.


I put on my seatbelt and took one last look at Dan standing in front of the car before I backed out...twinkle twinkle playing on the stereo and her singing in my ear.  I can see her in my rear view mirror and it won't be as long as I would want before I am attending her graduation as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment