About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Friday 22 January 2016

Graduation VI

Running and writing had started to consume my life and I love it. I have no idea how on earth I am going to finish forty two kilometres but all I know is I am not going with a time in mind so much as the expectation to finish before the sun kisses the moon.  The injuries have started to pile up from my feet to my ankles and then sharp pains in my knees...I should have done this in my twenties and not mid thirties.  The old me would have used injuries as an excuse not to continue, use it as permission to back away and feel justified...I'm glad she's gone.

I grabbed my suitcase and started to pack to head down for graduation week.  I'm taking my daughter along but Dan can't make it...this is the second graduation he has missed and my irritation is getting more difficult to hide.  I wondered around the house and found some of her favourite toys and books to bring along as well as her blanket.  I haven't done this drive in a long time and my mind casually reminisces about John and Mike and it occurs to me that I haven't heard from either in a very long time...perhaps it's best to leave it alone at least a far as John goes.


I walked into my daughters room and crawled into bed beside her, I laid with her last night until she fell asleep and wanted to be there when she opened her eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment