About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Thursday 14 January 2016

Graduation I

My son is coming up today and is bringing his girlfriend along.  I'm still having trouble with the fact that he is graduating from high school in a couple of weeks and now I have to share visits with the girlfriend.  I like her, a lot actually but I tend to be possessive of my first born and enjoy my time with him while he is here.  We found out a little while back that he will not be living with me while he attends university and instead has chosen to attend a Cejep in Montreal to play football for a division 1 football team. The scout opened the door for him like I had asked and he left it all on the field and the result was a three year term playing for the school at the next level.  It hurt knowing my son wasn't finally coming home but it felt amazing to continue what I had started in terms of acting in his best interest regardless of how it made my heart hurt.  I am proud of this kid who has given everything he has to a game he loves and has committed to push for perfection until all the doors close.  But I know my kid and if there is a way to stay on the field then you can bet the bank he will lace up.  Competing with his love of football hasn't been easy either, I have watched him be carried off the field, taken to the hospital, watch coaches try to discourage him and have his heart broken year after year when they come up short of the championship.  This year he went to Texas with a team and they took home the prize but I know it wasn't the same as if he won with his high school.  The past year he has grown into this amazing young man and although he has always been amazing...it's hard to believe he is no longer my little boy...and no matter how much I cry and pray...he will only be in my heart because time waits for no man.

I rolled out of bed and jumped int he shower, it seems easier to cry in here...

No comments:

Post a Comment