About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Thursday 25 February 2016

The Space Between XI

I woke early and started breakfast, I wanted to spend my morning with Dan and tell him my news.  I threw eggs in the pan and bread in the toaster, turned on the Keurig and read the email one more time.    I felt like throwing up from all the butterflies in my tummy thinking and believing I was finally on my way to being a writer and author.  I have always thought about becoming an author and through my life have worked to convince myself that only a select few get that honour and that my bad grammar would never allow me to succeed but it was all lies I was telling myself.  Editors exist for a reason and I have the ability and skills to tell a story, my story, in a way that others will not only find readable but relatable.  My only concern now was what would happen if Dan didn't want to follow along in my dream...what if NYC wasn't his next stop?  What if he wanted to stay here and play with the band?  Would we really be standing at the bottom of our drive way one day with a 'sold' sign on the front lawn with my daughter and I heading to NY and he heading out with the band?

I heard him coming down the stairs as I was plating our food and I wasn't sure anymore if my butterflies were a sign of excitement or anxiety...Dan will be happy for me regardless of anything else...it is what makes him this amazing creature.  He threw me his best smile and I walked over to kiss his face; I silently wished we were still in California...

No comments:

Post a Comment