About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Thursday 31 March 2016

His New World II

We found the apartment and when I opened the door I wasn't expecting a twenty stair climb with all of our luggage and a toddler.  By the time we reached the top of the stairs I was sick from the heat and humidity and there was no relief offered when I opened the door.  The apartment was beautiful and large but it was also hot and stuffy.  We cracked open all of the windows and collectively prayed for a breeze to pass through the windows...no such luck.  I peeled myself off of the bed and offered to buy pizza just to escape the heat trap.

Montreal is beautiful and I almost forgot just how much...even from the back seat of a civic.  We still had a few days before he would be given access to his dorm room and in the mean time we would take in the city and get everything he needed to be comfortable in his new home.  He has no idea how anxious and excited I am for him.  I always wanted this opportunity; to live in a dorm and experience university the way I had seen on television while growing up.  Life's circumstances stepped in and tore my family apart and at sixteen years old I wasn't even sure if I would make it past high school let alone university.  My parents would have supported it and even funded it if they had the finances but I guess I had to take a detour...which by the way lead to me having my beautiful son...funny how life works.  And here I was giving him everything he could possibly need to live his dream...which just so happens to have many of the components of one of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment