About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Saturday 2 April 2016

His New World III

I laid in bed with my daughter reflecting over the days events and wishing the fans we bought would somehow blow cold air.  After paying for ten months of accommodations at the dorm the house mother was nice enough to let us see his room so we could make a list of what was needed.  The rooms look exactly how you see on TV, concrete walls, tiny, a fridge smaller than a standard beer fridge, a hot plate and a bathroom so small you had to stand in the shower to close the door.  We didn't care though because it was all about the experience and everything that comes along with it.  Together we walked around and made a list of everything he would need to be comfortable in his new home.  He needed everything from curtains to a larger fridge so he wouldn't need to grocery shop every other day...besides he wouldn't have time with his football schedule.  We walked around the campus for an hour or so and slowly my anxiety was put in its place and replaced with excitement for my son.  He's not even eighteen years old yet but he was ready for the this and it showed every single day.  I rolled over to check the clock...we have an early morning appointment with the coach and I couldn't wait to meet the man who gave him this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment