About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Thursday 28 April 2016

Another Year Gone VII

I was packing my things again and it should be easy at this point but I continued to struggle to pick clothes so I pack it all.  It's been almost a full year since I started going to NY on a regular basis and each trip is so different that its become a new adventure each time I step off of the plane.  This time I would be dog sitting in Jersey again but would be spending my days in the Village writing, editing and rewriting until we came up with an idea for my book.  I liked my coach, I trusted her and believed her words and not just because I so desperately wanted to be a legitimate writer but because she brings out in me what I have failed to bring out in myself.  It's difficult not to reflect over your life, and in my case the last several months of throwing my life in the air and only catching what I actually want and value.  I have no care of the 'friends' that have left or the ones that are too afraid to unfriend me on social media but have clearly stopped following my life, I don't care about outside opinions regarding my life or if time will reveal regrets...I just love my new life.  I feel silly that I used to feel embarrassed about it and scared to share but once I released myself from the prison of others I just really liked who I was becoming.  Sometimes people don't like when the veil is lifted, the change becomes startling and they wonder what is 'wrong' with me...nothing is wrong anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment